Sometimes it’s hard to know just what the next step forward should be. Below are a few of the “next steps” at Heartland to help you move ahead.
- Mailbox & Directory
- Serve at Heartland There are lots of ways to volunteer around Heartland. Whether that is cooking/baking, welcoming people to church, working in the tech booth or leading a small group of kids, adults or youth (just to name a few), we want to make sure you find a volunteer opportunity that you love.
- Serve our Community Partners We also have a variety of Community Partners that are doing such a great job of meeting the needs of people in Strathcona County.
- Encounter God We'd love to see everyone do this short retreat at least once. You were made to live a life free of the encumbrances of the past and this retreat can address and rid you of the things are weighing you down.
- Hearing God God still speaks to people today and we want to equip you to be able to hear what He is saying to YOU. This is a 6-week course taken in a small group setting.
- Prayer and Fasting Twice a year we set aside a week to intentionally seek God corporately and as individuals through prayer and fasting. We end the week with a Night of Prayer and then break the fast with a meal.
- Baptism Baptism is a symbol of dying to our old life and being resurrected to our new life in Christ. Jesus was baptized as an example for us.
- Child Dedication We think that children are very important in the Kingdom of God and we want to walk with parents as they raise their children. We follow the example of Mary and Joseph in Luke 2:22 when they presented Jesus in the temple.
- Membership Are you interested in learning more about what church membership is and why we do it? Then check out this page.
- Giving Heartland operates on the generosity of people like you. We consider giving as an act of worship.
- Weddings Are you engaged or thinking of getting engaged. We have the tools to equip you to weather the storms of life.
- Marriage Life can take its toll on our marriages. Help your marriage to thrive through marriage based small groups, Marriage Retreats, counselling or prayer ministry and more.
Can't find what you are looking for? Do you have more questions? Contact Us and a member of our team would be happy to be of assistance.