For a printable version of this article, please click here.
God makes it possible for us to receive healing today. It is important that we boldly ask God for healing for ourselves and for others. There are some important questions to consider as you seek healing. We encourage you to spend time with the Lord working through these questions:
1. For what specifically are you seeking healing? Is the root of the issue spiritual, physical,
emotional or psychological in nature?
2. How has this situation affected your relationship with God? How have you seen Him at work in this?
3. Are there lifestyle or relational changes that God wants you to make that could enhance or improve your health? Unconfessed sin, living in continual disobedience and unforgiveness could hinder your healing.
4. Please meditate on the following scriptures for guidance and clarity:
1 Corinthians 7:3-4
2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1
1 Peter 3:7
1 Corinthians 6:12-20
5. Ask God to reveal any areas of sin or unforgiveness that you need to address.
6. Are you willing to deal with these things? Take time to confess, repent and forgive accordingly.
7. Consider your willingness to surrender to God’s plan for your life in this situation.
8. How will you honour, praise and pursue Him if you are healed? How will you honour, praise and pursue Him if you are not?
9. Share what God has been doing in your heart with someone in your small group or someone special to you.
10. Ask the Lord for healing. Trust that He is a Good Father and knows what is best for you. Have great expectation that He will heal you!
For a printable version of this article, click here.
How to Be Filled with the Holy Spirit
PRESENT yourself to God – Romans 12:1-2
God won’t fill what He doesn’t have. In other words, He will fill us to the degree that we have died to ourselves, to the degree to which we have emptied ourselves of our own selfish ambition, pride, independence, rebellion … etc.
Are you willing to do that? You could simply hold your hands open and speak out that you present all of who you are to Him, spirit, soul and body.
ASK – Luke 11:9-13
God could fill us without our asking, but He chooses to not violate our will and invites us to ask. God wants us to verbalize how serious we are. It’s as simple as “Lord Jesus, I present myself wholly to You. Please come now and immerse me in the Holy Spirit. Give me affirmation of Your presence deep within and bestow power upon me for ministry. I invite You to fill, control, and guide my life and to produce Your fruit in me. What spiritual gift would You like to give me?”
HAVE FAITH – Galatians 3:2
We are filled with the Holy Spirit by faith just as we receive the Lord in salvation by faith.
Acts 1:8 says, “you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you”.
When we are filled with the Holy Spirit and His power, something will change. The Greek word for power is “dunamis”, which is where the word dynamite comes from...explosive power. If it seems nothing happens, continue to tarry in His presence, asking and pursuing after these things. Ask God for evidence of His filling. Keep pursuing God in faith. His filling is available to every believer.
OBEY Him – John 14:15, Acts 5:32, James 4:7
Continue to walk in obedience to His spoken word (Rhema) and His already revealed will (logos, the Bible).
For a printable version of this article, please click here.
Thank you for taking the time to pray and to seek the Lord on behalf of our church. This document is a general guide to help you pray for the church. Please share anything that you sense the Lord is giving to you. You can send it to email@example.com
Let us know if you have any questions. God bless you!
1. Get Ready: Set a quiet time and space. Grab your Bible and a journal. Take the list of Heartland ministries attached to this page.
2. Be grateful: Take time to be grateful. We can connect more deeply to the Lord when we start with gratitude. Thank Him for who He is, what He is doing, for our church, for the different ministries. Spend a few moments and write down anything for which you are grateful.
3. Ask for Scripture: Ask the Holy Spirit for a Scripture passage to pray over the different areas of the church. He may give you one Scripture to pray over the whole church or different Scriptures to pray for different areas. For example: I ask the Holy Spirit to give me a verse to pray and I sense that He gives me John 14:12, “Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these because I am going to the Father.” Then ask the Holy Spirit to show you how He wants you to pray this verse and for whom. It could be something like: “Lord God, thank You for our Refuge Youth ministry. I ask that You move mightily through Pastor Wade and his team. Holy Spirit please open them to know that You are with them and want to do mighty things in them and through them.”
4. Pray through as much or as little as you can during a certain time. Ask the Holy Spirit to keep the ministries of the church on your heart throughout the day. Say a quick prayer for any areas that the Lord puts on your heart.
Heartland Areas of Ministry:
Volunteer Teams & Individuals
Elders, Staff, & Interns
Online Services - preaching, worship and more
Heartland Kids (Nursery to Grade 6)
Refuge - Junior High & High School
Young Adults 18-25
Single Adults 25-40 & 40+
Life Groups and Connex Groups
Local and Global Partners:
Big Brothers/Big Sisters
Guinea - Colette Baudais
El Salvador - Shelter Canada
Mozambique - Janette Stone
Parents Empowering Parents
Pregnancy Care Centre
Robin Hood Association
Saffron Sexual Assault Centre
Shiloh Youth Ranch
Unique times like these call us to engage as Christians. What if we intentionally prayed for 19 minutes about the COVID-19 health emergency?
Why not use the number 19 as a reminder to pray rather than be afraid or tune out?
Start today! Let’s take the prayer challenge today – and maybe even tomorrow and beyond that. What if we redeem our quarantine time with some prayer? Will you take the 19-minute prayer challenge?
What should you do? Below is a simple outline for you to follow. It’s meant to be a guide to help show you the way. God bless you as you pray!
Commit this time to the Holy Spirit.
Ask for His help and insight on how to pray in each area. Set a timer and challenge yourself to pray for one minute for each item on this list.
How was that for you?
What worked? What didn’t?
What could you add tomorrow?
Is there another Scripture passage to pray over?
Could you bring in a journal?
Could you pray through this with your family or small group?
Let us know in the comments below.
We can do something about this situation we are in!
Have you been feeling powerless about this whole coronavirus situation? I know I have.
Jesus is reminding me of some things though. He’s reminding me that He is not powerless. He’s reminding me that I am not powerless. He’s reminding me that we are not powerless.
Jesus is reminding me that He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords! He is not nervous. He is all-powerful and He has conquered sin, sickness, disease, pain and death! Praise the Lord!
Jesus wants you and me to humble ourselves and seek Him to exert His power against the fear, sickness and despair that wants to grip our world. Jesus is not nervous about COVID-19!
How can we do that? We can fast and pray.
Heartland Alliance Church is a part of a Canada-wide family of churches. The President of the Alliance Church in Canada has called us to fast and pray on Wednesday, March 25, 2020.
Our President’s name is David Hearn. He spoke at Heartland about a year ago. It was awesome! You can watch it here.
David has such a heart for Jesus and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. He also has a heart for the world and for the church. I want you to watch a video he sent us inviting us all to fast and pray. I want you to say YES to his invitation and to join us on Wednesday in fasting and prayer.
Here is a guide that you can download to help you. I want you to invite other people to join you as well. You can use this with your family or share it with your small group.
You may feel powerless. You aren’t. You are incredibly powerful in Jesus Christ! You can take action through prayer and fasting. Let’s go for it and see what God will do!
Have you felt powerless in this situation? Tell us more about it below. Let us know how we can pray for you. Take time to fast and pray on Wednesday, March 25. Share with us about how and when you are going to fast below.