In Grade 5-6, we believe that the best version of life is a life modelled after Jesus. Live life together in a caring and safe environment where you can be challenged in your faith, encouraged to live a life committed to God and have fun with friends in the process.
If you have questions about student small groups please contact Sydney Courville at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 780-619-8715
Groups meet weekly twice a month from 7:00 - 9:00 pm.
Join a group:
Looking for Grade 7-12 Small Groups, click here.
To be part of a Grade 5-6Small Group you must also complete the 2020-2021 Grade 5-6 Student Community Registration (Coming Soon).
Group COVID Guidelines
Guidelines for Grade 5-6 Small Groups Meeting Onsite
- Groups will meet inside in designated spaces that permit social distancing to be maintained as much as possible.
- To enter the building, please use the East Foyer entrance. The door will be locked until 6:50 pm. Please maintain social distancing while waiting outside.
- Please ensure you are wearing a mask as you enter the building. If you do not have a mask, disposable masks will be available as you enter. If a parent has to enter the building, they should also mask.
- Upon entering the building, please use the hand sanitizing station to sanitize hands.
- A Refuge volunteer will be present to direct attendees to their room.
- There is to be no physical contact between group members (hand shaking, hugging, touching, passing/or sharing of items) other than those from the same household.
- All activities involving participants will respect social distancing (i.e. games)
- Out of respect for the cohorts students are involved in at school and home, we do not consider Small Groups a cohort and as such, masks will be worn for the entirety of the event until further notice. The exception will be, if weather permits a group to go outside and maintain proper social distancing.
- All groups will remain onsite at the church until further notice.
Anyone experiencing any of the following symptoms should not attend in person gatherings:
- Cough (new cough or worsening chronic cough)
- Shortness of breath of difficulty breathing (new or worsening)
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Painful swallowing
- Muscle or joint aches
- Feeling unwell in general, or new fatigue or severe exhaustion
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or unexplained loss of appetite)
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Conjunctivitis (known as pink eye)
Public Health Orders in effect at the time of publication stipulate individuals having a fever, cough, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat are legally required to isolate for 10 days from the onset of those symptoms, or until the symptoms resolve, whichever is longer. Persons with any of the other listed symptoms should stay home and minimize their contact with others until their symptoms resolve.
Online Small Group Option
All of our Small Groups have an option to join in using Zoom. Each group will have a device that allows students to connect in when they are not able to make it in-person.
Here are the individual links:
Grade 5-6 Boys
Grade 5-6 Girls